Thursday, December 9, 2010

Skirmishes: A few pointers

Yesterday evening I ran Seige of Gondamon solo for the first time. It was also my first skirmish since the skirmish tutorial. Here are a few things I learned while doing this.

1. Know which direction is which. That mini-map in the top-right corner of the screen ain't just there for decoration.
2. When running a skirmish for the first time, do the lowest allowable level first, then work your way up the difficulty scale. I learned this one the hard way.
3. Keep an eye on who you're fighting with, not just you and your soldier. This is especially true if you are a minstrel.
4. Use the breaks between assaults to heal up, buff up, and generally prepare for the next wave.

I didn't know this, but you can name your skirmish soldier. I named mine Gerald during one of the breaks. Don't know why I chose Gerald, if just sort of popped up in my head first.

Also, you'll have to forgive the lack of screenshots for the time being. I'm still trying to figure out how to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment